Pin It Now!
It's the longest day of the year. Or it will be at 7:09 pm tonight. As of tomorrow we will lose a second and the countdown to Christmas begins. My neighbour still has his Christmas lights up.
But it is HOT HOT HOT. The car said it was 37 C. As I pondered what that would be in Fahrenheit, I did a big da.... It's 98.6F. As a nurse we always took a patient's temperature and 37C/98.6F was normal.
Which means way up here in the great green north, it is hot.
And I don't really mind the heat. Sure I have air conditioning at home, at work and in the car. At work, I'm bundled in a sweater. But losing weight sure reset my thermostat. I guess all that stomach fat kept me unseasonably hot.
I think the rest will have to be bullets:
- Stephanie from Dreams of Skinny... mentioned today that she wished she had been born in the mid 1950's. That me! And I do remember Kennedy, the Cuban Missile Crisis, Leave it to Beaver, walking to school. I don't really think I'm nostalgic about the 50's, 60's or 70's though. Except I'd be younger. She also said she is going to Disney. I am so jealous. Give Jacquie a big hug for me if you meet up with her.
- My 2 week vacation starts this Friday night. Guess what my big plans are? First I'm visiting my BFF and we are taking down her above ground pool. Next Thursday, I have my final appointment to have my teeth redone. I'm having veneers, bridges, crowns put on all my teeth. Right now I have temporaries in and it is hard to chew. But I'll have a great smile! I really have an exciting life.
- My daughter's wedding is in a little more than 3 months. She has everything, and I mean everything planned to a T. Spreadsheets galore. We just have to wait. I have my dress (I'll post a pic when I have it fitted). But have to find shoes. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE buying shoes. I know, I'm weird. OMG, I just realized I'll need a purse too! Here's the contender:
- I am cross-stitching a bride for her and am about 9/16th done. I think. Maybe a bit over half done. A new picture of my progress will be posted at the end of the month.
- Which leads to Canada day which is July 1st. I'm having a big party with my sister and her family. I've been pinning (on Pinterest) lots of ideas to celebrate.
- I've been working hard in the backyard, trimming, cutting, moving plants. Redesigning. I just love gardening. Except when it is 37F.
- I wish I had more time. I want to get some scrapbooking projects done and there is just no time between Nordic walking, cross-stitching, gardening and tearing down pools. And add in shoe shopping and this girl needs a vacay!
To keep cool, I've been trying out a few Frozen Pom-aritas but might move on to the Vodka Lemon Slush. Yummers
|Vodka Lemon Slush|
That's it for now. Hope you are all keeping cool.