Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

“The Wedding” Cross Stitch Project—July Update

The plans for my daughter’s wedding are pretty well finalized for October 6th. The stitching has been slow going given all the other work around the house and I doubt it will be final by then. But I will try. I find it hard to sit inside under my magnifier and bright lights when the beautiful sunny weather beckons outside.

I estimate that the piece is about 50% done. Now that the bows are finished, things should move faster. The bows have multiple colours and multiple thread changes and took the most time. What is left is filling in the white and beige of the dress, the beadwork and finishing touches. It has been exciting watching the bride and groom grow on the canvas. 

Here is a link to the original post. These pictures show progression (most recent to oldest):
Bows done-July 2012
Bows are added.
More of the dress takes shape and the bouquet is almost done. 
The bouquet begins to appear. 
The Bride takes her place beside her groom. 

Back to Stitching!
Sandy

Pin It Now!

4 comments:

Ronnie said...

This is looking so great, Sandy! I'm very impressed with the fine details! :)

Lonicera said...

It's looking stunning! I can imagine it would be uncomfortable work in hot weather. I think you had got your shoes for the wedding, but have you also got your outfit?
Caroline

The Re-up said...

Beautiful!!!!

Cheri said...

It's looking beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...