Pages

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

When One Door Closes Another Door Opens



I found this picture a few weeks ago, printed it off and hung it in my cubicle. I just believe it is true in so many ways. We just have to be open to looking for that next door and not living so much in the past, reliving what was behind those old doors.

I sometimes think about the what-ifs. What if I had chosen:
  • A different University to attend: Would I have another BFF?
  • A different husband: Would my kids (if I had even had then!) be as great as the ones I have?
  • A different house when I moved to this city: Would I have met the same friends, neighbours…?
  • A different job: Would I be retired by now?
  • Not losing weight. Would I be depressed and hopeless about being fat?
  • To leave the house a few seconds earlier or a few seconds later this morning: Would I have been in an accident or missed an accident?
Yup, I sometimes think of these profound thoughts when I'm sitting on a teleconference staring at my photo and where I really don't care what the others are saying.

I'm always looking for those open doors. Hope you do to.

Sandy


Pin It Now!

7 comments:

♫ Drazil ♪ said...

I think about those things too...and the saying is true. Oh and I love you.

Steph said...

With Jason's future job in question, this is the outlook we are trying to keep. You never know what life holds in store for you, so go with the flow an live the life you have to the fullest. You can look back fondly, but never stay focused on the past or what if. The future is ours!

Ronnie said...

I always think about the what if's... can make a girl crazy sometimes. :)

Lonicera said...

I can't see the pic, am I the only one?? I daren't go down the 'if only' route...
Caroline

Cheri said...

Hi Sandy, I'm a new follower. I love so many things about your blog - the books tab especially, I LOVE that idea. I also like to cross stitch - I'm finishing one up this week. :-)

tz said...

I totally think those things all the time...mostly it makes me thankful because the alternative could be so much worse :D

Linda Sherwood said...

I can't see the picture either. There aren't many things in my life that I'd change. I'm pretty happy with the results so far. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...